Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pikachu hat




Pikachu! The star Pokemon of the show Pokemon, Pikachu will look nice on your head.






Materials:  Black, yellow, red, and a little bit of white yarn Sewing needle Yarn marker Knowledge of embroidery (for nose)
Some stuffing for the ears (polyester fiberfill, yarn scraps, whatever you want) [optional]

Abbreviations:
sc: single crochet
inc: increase


Hat (in yellow)

You are going to crochet in the continual round, meaning that you are crocheting in a circle without slip stitches every row. And I advise you to place your yarn marker at the beginning of the round so you don't lose your spot!

Round 1: magic circle/ch 2 -- 12 single crochet (in ch 1 space)
Round 2: 1 sc around                                                  (12 sc)
Round 3: inc around                                                    (24 sc)
Round 4: 1 sc around                                                  (24 sc)
Round 5: [sc, inc] around                                            (36 sc)
Round 6: 1 sc around                                                  (36 sc)
Round 7: [sc, sc, inc] around                                       (48 sc)
Round 8: 1 sc around                                                  (48 sc)
Round 9: [sc, sc, sc, inc] around                                  (60 sc)
Round 10: 1 sc around                                                (60 sc)
Round 11: [sc, sc, sc, sc, inc] around                          (72 sc)
Round 12: 1 sc around                                                (72 sc)

(See the pattern? Inc row, 1 sc row, inc row, 1 sc row...) You can stop increasing whenever you want. If the hat is still not wide enough, keep increasing by adding one more sc before the increases. (ie: [sc, sc, sc, sc, inc] around --->1 sc around ---> [sc, sc, sc, sc, sc, inc] around)



Ears (make two): Round 1: ch 2 (or magic circle, if you prefer) 6 sc in ch 1 space
Round 2: inc around                                                                    (12 sc)
Round 3-5: 1 sc around                                                               (12 sc)
Round 6-11: change color to yellow; 1 sc around                         (12 sc)
Round 12: [sc, sc, inc] around                                                      (16 sc)
Round 13: 1 sc around                                                                 (16 sc)
Round 14: 8 sc, 1 inc, 9 sc                                                           (17 sc)


Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing. Fill ears with stuffing (if you want to)


Eyes (make two) (with black):
Round 1: [magic circle/ch2 and in ch 1 space] 6 sc                        (6 sc)
Round 2: inc around                                                                     (12 sc)

Fasten off with a long tail for sewing.


Pupils (make two) (with white):
Round 1: in magic ring, do 5 sc                                                     (5 sc)

Fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing.


Cheeks (make two) (with red):
Round 1: [magic circle/ch2 and in ch 1 space] 6 sc                        (6 sc)
Round 2: inc around                                                                      (12 sc)
Round 3: [sc, inc] around                                                              (18 sc)

Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing.


Assembly!
1) place the ears on the top of the side of the head (sorta), according to the picture
2) sew the pupils to the eyes (white to black)
3) sew the eyes to the face
4) sew the red cheeks on, according to the picture
5) finally, the nose. If you know how to embroider, get your black yarn and embroider it in the triangular shape. If not, try learning it from someone else or online.


Good luck with your Pikachu! :D


P.S. You can sell stuff from these patterns, however you may not post patterns or pictures as your own. Thank you!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the free pattern! I've just started crocheting hats and made five or so, but I was really interested in how to do the ears on Pikachu. I made a fox hat and had a really hard time finding a free pattern that explains how to make the nose. This is similar. So thanks! :) -Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you PLEASE make a cool Greninja one? PLEASE! There are no awesome patterns for the most famous pokemon it is so weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I don't know! I'll have to look into that--I'm assuming you mean a hat pattern and not a regular amigurumi pattern. I've looked at some pictures and it seems like it'd be a fun project, perhaps for when I have time, such as winter break in a couple weeks! Great suggestion! (:

      Delete
  3. Well maybe a hat pattern for now. Is the hat pattern easier to make? I mean for you to design? I think I would like the hat pattern first anyway. I hope it isn't to much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at some other designs of greninja hats that were made of FELT rather than crocheted yarn. Although there might need to be a lot of experimentation and skill needed to think of a pattern for something like that, I'm positive that it's perfectly doable!

      I don't think any one of them would be harder than the other, but yeah, like you said, a hat pattern might be better off first anyways. I'll let you know when I've got something substantial planned out!

      Delete
  4. P.S. I like the redesign of your website by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! and you are welcome! I have a lot planned! After my birthday I might get some fleece to make a really big Vaporeon plush. Maybe a greninja or Lucario or Mewtwo I have so many ideas! I think Vaporeon and greninja! Lucario, Mewtwo, Greninja and Vaporeon are some of my top favourites! What is yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowie, good luck with that fleece-sewing! I've always wanted to try that! ^__^ Those Pokemon are superb, hah. But man, I love SO many Pokemon that it'd be hard to choose my utter favorites. I'm only know all of the Pokemon up to the Hoenn region (and maybe a few Sinnoh ones), so I don't really know the names or origins of any Pokemon after that, really. I gotta say, though, my unwavering favorites are Absol, Metagross, Mightyena, Houndoom, Rayquaza, Latios, and, ah, Natu. LOL I could list SO many more, but Absol (and Mightyena and Houndoom) are probably my biggest fav(s). Typhlosion, Skarmory, the Litwick family, and Luxray are all also amazing. Yeah, we could be here forever, discussing all the awesomest Pokemon.

      Delete
  6. If I do Greninja I have to do my own pattern though. I like crotched pokemon a lot too! Thank you very much for thinking of doing the hat! It is very kind and generous of you. Also, you will know me and my comments by this name ( Hope it doesn't sound dumb, the + stand for and)
    Lucario+Mewtwo=Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaykay, Anonymous individual! <3 Good luck on your own projects, too, and I can't wait to TRY to get started on this! (Just know that it might take a while since I've still got school for a couple more weeks T___T)

      Delete
  7. That is ok that it might take a while! I understand, I will be patient. Also for another idea how about a mew two hat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mewtwo hat sounds fun! I've seen some ones made of felt around, and it wouldn't be too hard to morph those patterns/ideas into crocheted form. :3 Good suggestion!

      Delete
  8. Yup we COULD be here talking about all the epicest of pokemon. I have tested myself and written down (on my phone) over 60 pokemon without looking at my book. I hope to name the first generation by heart that would be cool wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete