Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hat pattern

This nice and fun hat is easy and simple to make, and great for beginners. :)

Materials:
Yarn (any color, any size)
I hook (5.50 mm)
Yarn marker (you can just use a piece of yarn of contrasting color)

Abbreviations:
sc: single crochet
inc: increase

You are going to crochet in the continual round, meaning that you are crocheting in a circle without slip stitches every row. And I advise you to place your yarn marker at the beginning of the round so you don't lose your spot!


Round 1: magic circle/ch 2 -- 12 single crochet (in ch 1 space)
Round 2: 1 sc around                                                  (12 sc)
Round 3: inc around                                                    (24 sc)
Round 4: 1 sc around                                                  (24 sc)
Round 5: [sc, inc] around                                            (36 sc)
Round 6: 1 sc around                                                  (36 sc)
Round 7: [sc, sc, inc] around                                       (48 sc)
Round 8: 1 sc around                                                  (48 sc)
Round 9: [sc, sc, sc, inc] around                                  (60 sc)
Round 10: 1 sc around                                                (60 sc)
Round 11: [sc, sc, sc, sc, inc] around                          (72 sc)
Round 12: 1 sc around                                                (72 sc)


(See the pattern? Inc row, 1 sc row, inc row, 1 sc row...) You can stop increasing whenever you want. If the hat is still not wide enough, keep increasing by adding one more sc before the increases. (ie: [sc, sc, sc, sc, inc] around --->1 sc around ---> [sc, sc, sc, sc, sc, inc] around)


And by the way, happy Fourth of July!!! :D

7 comments:

  1. Nice! Is there a free vaporeon hat pattern somewhere? I don't want to have to buy one. Maybe I should make it myself but it might be to hard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I haven't seen a *crocheted* Vaporeon hat pattern yet, online or not! It'd be spectacular to give it a try! Try examining sewed Vaporeon hats, or amigurumi Vaporeons. They might give you ideas of where to start. :3

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Maybe I will try something a bit easier first. I would have done Umbreon but I don't have enough black yarn for that. He would be easy.

    Lucario+Mewtwo=Awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this big enough to wear? It doesn't look like it. Reply ASAP please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I just read over it and is it you just keep increasing until you get bigger? I think that is what I read. Coolies! Thanks for the pattern!

      Delete
    2. Mmhm, no problem! (Apologies if it might've been unclear at first; since this blog was only in use so long ago and I had no idea people would actually look at these patterns, I'm actually planning on, like, getting back into my crocheting game and posting regularly on this blog again! Yeah, I know, great, haha.) (Kind of off topic but just a piece of good news I had to share.) :D

      Delete